Thursday, December 18, 2008

Shopping for Expensive shoes

After a visit to the foot doctor, it was determined that because of Morton's neuromas I needed to upgrade my footwear.  My choices were $400 orthodics, which might or might not fit the shoes I already have, or several pair of really expensive shoes.  Since he recommended I wear shoes in the house I opted for Mephisto sandals as a starter.  I have gone barefoot in the house most of my life so this is a major change for me.  Kind of like getting used to braces on your teeth.    I already have  Aravon shoes, which he recommended so I can wear them more than I have been doing.  My challenge now is to find winter boots that have the same type support.  This Dr. was so young, he could have been my grandson.  What does he know(no offense Kyle).  No, really, he was very impressive.  

We are bracing for a major winter storm tomorrow, then more snow on Sunday.  Just hoping to get it all over before Christmas.  

We were reminded of Grandpa Smith this week when Dad and I tried to take the cellophane paper off a slice of cheese.  We both worked at it, finally, getting the scissors to cut the thing off.  Don't know why they have the "child proof" everything!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

What is Morton's neuromas?

Wilma said...

It is an inflamation and enlargement of the nerve between the third and fourth toe. It is caused by shoes that are too narrow squeezing the toes together, restricting the nerve there.