Thursday, June 25, 2009

A New Shopping Experience


What better way to spend this hot June day than shopping for books. Book Depot had a special where you could fill a box with any book in their warehouse for $30. Doors opened at 9:00. We were there by 9:30. Were we the only ones there at that time? No way! The aisles were already getting crowded. Shopping carts, strollers, motorized carts, you name it. There was very little organization to the books. I was overwhelmed. At first all I could see was books without being able to look at titles or authors. After awhile I got the hang of it. Boy did I get the hang of it! Dad has the cart with the box and I am roaming all over the place. Where do I head first? the children's books of course. I saw lots of books for Dummies but none for the Dummy that I need (Photoshop Elements). I begin loading my arms up with books and then try to find Wayford in the crowd. I scan the area looking for a distinguished man with white hair. Do you have any idea how many men fit that description (well not many that look distinguished, but many with white hair). My arms are aching from holding the books when I finally spot him. I unload my books into the box and I'm off again. When we check the box to see if it will hold any more we discover that it will hold a few more books so I head for the kids booka again. What a haul!!! I couldn't find any John Grisham or Mary Higgins Clark so some of the books I got may go immediately into recycle, but we will see.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, your great grandkids will be thrilled!