Thursday, October 21, 2010

FINALLY ARRIVED!


You know you have truly become a senior citizen when you have to have a chart to keep track of your medications. After seeing a Dr. in the ER on Saturday I came home with two new prescriptions (I already had been taking routine meds). One was for pain (Tylenol 3) and the other was for????????????(Ibuprophen 600 mg). Ohhhh the pain medication was so wonderful. Finally, after 5 days of pain, I could be comfortable again. Then the Ibuprophen---one tablet three times a day with food. After taking four of them I began to feel pain in my stomach, even though I had taken them with food as prescribed. So, I knew to stop but the medication had already apparently done a great deal of damage to the stomach. So, on Monday, when I saw my family Dr., he prescribed another medication to heal the stomach. It was to be taken once a day. Then, when the Dr. got the report from my ER visit he found that I had a bladder infection. So, now another prescription. This one cannot be taken within an hour of taking any dairy product, which would include my regular calcium pill. The Tylenol 3 has a tendency to constipate so now I have to eat a lot of fiber as well as drink a lot of water.

Enough already! Which pill do I take now? Did I take that one already? Is this one with food or without dairy products? What a person to do? Make a chart. I felt just like Grandma Smith.

And then there are the appointment times to be remembered. CT scan on Wednesday, Ultra Sound on Friday, Family Dr. on Monday, Three visits to the ER, one for blood work and a blood thinner injection and another for another blood thinner injection and another to get the results of the CT scan. In addition to that, I had an appointment for a field test for my eyes on Wednesday, which I had to cancel because of the CT scan.

I am thankful for Drs. who can diagnose conditions and treat them. I am thankful that there was no blood clot. I am thankful for machines that are so helpful in making diagnoses. I am thankful that at my age I am still as physically fit as I am.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What do you mean, you feel like Grandma Smith? You ARE Grandma Smith!