Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thank God for Drs.

Today Wayford was examined by a couple of neurologists in regard to his Bell's Palsy.  It was amazing to observe all the tests the Drs. went through.  The professional way they conducted themselves was awesome.  It  has not changed the diagnoses of Bell's Palsy but they determined to do further testing to make sure there is not an underlying cause for the palsy.  So an MRI will be forthcoming.  Also, electra????? to determine the way the nerves are still responding, to predict the further improvement of the muscles in his face.  Wayford said "My dad didn't check a horse over that well before he bought it."  They even had him walking barefoot in the hall, on his heels, one foot in front of the other (I think that was to see if he had been drinking!).  I knew he should have washed his feet.  My mother always made us wash our feet before we went to bed because "You never know if you might have to go to the hospital in the middle of the night!"  See!!  It could happen!.  

We are excited tonight because it looks as if our entire family will be together again at Christmas.  The last time that happened was in about 1996.  We are praying for good weather, and  for everyone to stay healthy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope Dad had taken time to clip his toenails. I know how he has to pencil that into his daytimer! I am so excited about Christmas. I don't think I really believed that it could happen.