Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall foliage tour

















One of my dreams was to take pictures of covered bridges.  I don't know why but they just fascinate me.  We began a tour last Thursday with Barry and Jean and returned home on Saturday.  We toured back roads, up and down and around curves.  The scenery was beautiful.  Our search for bridges was eventful  Jean had detailed directions for finding these bridges(of course they would be in remote places and not on the interstate highways.)  We only had to stop a couple of times to ask for directions.  If I had been up on my GPS I would have known to put in the latitude and longitude but didn't even think of doing that, as if I would know how anyway.  We did have to back track several times but eventually found all the ones we were looking for except for one.  These bridges were built in the 1800's and are still useable.  The creeks they are spanning are as beautiful as the bridges are.  We also saw the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania and the Letchworth State Park in New York.  

No comments: