Thursday, October 16, 2008

My First Sewing Class

In response to a request from two mothers of Bible Day Camp students I began a sewing class for 5 children on Tuesday.  The oldest is about 13 and the youngest ( a boy) is about 7.  These families are not from our church family but one of them has sent her children to BDC for several years and just counts the days until we host again.  We are planning to make lounging pj's.  Josiah wanted camouflage and since I had a piece of camouflage that had been given to me, I gave it to him.  He couldn't have been more excited if I had handed him a $100 bill.  We did not get into cutting and sewing Tuesday but did practice staying on line using the machines.  We sewed buttons onto scraps of fabric, practiced making buttonholes by hand and on the machine.  They had a great time.  We will meet every other Tuesday.  Hopefully next time we get together we can cut out their pj's.  My students are Cassie, Emily, Laney, Mattea and Josiah.  The girls have a goal of making a prairie dress(my be a bit advanced but at some time in their life perhaps they will be able to do that) Josiah wants to make a Darth Vader costume????


1 comment:

Unknown said...

The boy has lofty goals. Gotta give him credit for that.